New Member From The U.S.

Well if you really have found another subject you wanna talk about...
Tony Trout

New Member From The U.S.

Post by Tony Trout » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Hey, y'all! Colin might recognize me from a couple of forums that we both have been on in the past (FECC & Phoenix-The Elvis Forum) but I'm new here.

My name is Tony Trout and I'm 45 but will be 46 on May 20th of this year. I've been an Elvis fan since 1987 when I first saw "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii" & "Elvis On Tour" & "Elvis: The '68 Comeback Special" on VHS tapes rented from a VHS rental place here where I live in North Carolina in the ol' USA.

I came across this forum via another member's signature in another Elvis-related forum I'm a member of. I'm happy to be here and I hope I'm here for a good long time!

BTW, Alan, I like that "Rehearsal" timeline thing you've got going on. Have you thought of making a full website out of it like Fracesc Lopez's "Elvis Presley In Concert" website? Or would that be possible?

Anyway, I'll hush and go browse around the forums here! Again, I'm happy to be here and I thank you all for having me here!

Take Care,
Tony Trout
Last edited by Tony Trout on Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If The Songs Don't Go Over, We Can Do A Medley Of Costumes" - Elvis Backstage Before His Third Las Vegas, NV Opening Engagement (August 10, 1970 - September 7, 1970)

ColinB

Re: New Member From The U.S.

Post by ColinB » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:11 pm

A warm welcome to the forum, Tony !

Yes, I'm familiar with your contributions elsewhere & look forward to your posts here !
"I don't sound like nobody !" - Elvis 1953

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:41 pm
BTW, Alan, I like that "Rehearsal" timeline thing you've got going on. Have you thought of making a full website out of it like Fracesc Lopez's "Elvis Presley In Concert" website? Or would that be possible?
Welcome Tony, good to have you here.
I wouldn't do a seperate website as the idea behind this site is to have it all in one place so it's all interlinkable and related to the same dates, hence, "A chronological profile...".
We also have a concert database, though I dont pretend its as good as Francesc's, though it does have extras built in like audio and video, which is the same as I've done for the rehearsals and for both I've done the listings for all respective releases that relate to anyone concert / rehearsal in part or in full. - It's always an ongoing work in progress and I try to make things different rather than to repeat what can be found elsewhere.
We also have another database for the UK charts.
And theres another I'm currently working on - more on that nearer the time (though its took me a couple of years so far and I'm scratching the surface still).

It might have been my signature link on FECC you saw, in which case I have a task for you :D youre a jumpsuit guru, aren't you? apologies if I've mixed you up with someone else, but please say if you are. ;)

Al.
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:32 pm

Alan wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 pm
Tony Trout wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:41 pm
Welcome Tony, good to have you here.
I wouldn't do a seperate website as the idea behind this site is to have it all in one place so it's all interlinkable and related to the same dates, hence, "A chronological profile...".
We also have a concert database, though I dont pretend its as good as Francesc's, though it does have extras built in like audio and video, which is the same as I've done for the rehearsals and for both I've done the listings for all respective releases that relate to anyone concert / rehearsal in part or in full. - It's always an ongoing work in progress and I try to make things different rather than to repeat what can be found elsewhere.
We also have another database for the UK charts.
And theres another I'm currently working on - more on that nearer the time (though its took me a couple of years so far and I'm scratching the surface still).

It might have been my signature link on FECC you saw, in which case I have a task for you :D youre a jumpsuit guru, aren't you? apologies if I've mixed you up with someone else, but please say if you are. ;)

Al.

Alan,

As for the jumpsuits, I'm pretty good at naming and dating them - but that is all partly because of the help from B&K's Butch Polston & his lovely wife, Kim.

If you have any requests, let me know!

Also, just a note on the "Concerts" part of that little part of the site regarding tours, the 1970 Houston dates are not considered tours because Elvis & the band only did shows there at the Astrodome. A tour would be like going to different cities on a set number of different dates (I hope that makes sense....and I'm not trying to tell you how to run the site. I'm just trying to help you improve it). :)
"If The Songs Don't Go Over, We Can Do A Medley Of Costumes" - Elvis Backstage Before His Third Las Vegas, NV Opening Engagement (August 10, 1970 - September 7, 1970)

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:32 pm

I understand the Houston thing, same as Aloha and the 1975 new years eve show

Graeme, whose no longer with us and whose fault this site is, I think wanted an "industry standard" where one website didnt refer to it as one thing and another another thing and another...
So it has become this accepted thing along with midnight shows being referenced to the end of the day and not the beginning of a new one, though that one has some logic to it.
If Elvis had only done the Las Vegas shows for one term then there'd be no need to identify them by engagement number and that would probably be referred to as Tour number 1 but at just one venue.

I'm not changing it now :D (Okay, maybe I'll put it on the "to-do" list, but it'll be near the bottom at the mo ;) )

Graeme had saved loads of old websites off line, he'd basically downloaded complete web pages. But these were old and the information on them was not just out dated but plain wrong and that was some of the info we used, i've captured a lot of it but one of the areas where the concert database is wrong is some of the jumpsuits for certain dates, but its not about just the jumpsuits its about the difference between what B&K named them officially, what fans named them and also alternate fan names. I thought about having all three listed where applicable so I could then code it with options to search via ether name. So it'd be a spread sheet thing to start with and I thought you'd be a great source for such info

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:49 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:32 pm
I'm not changing it now :D (Okay, maybe I'll put it on the "to-do" list, but it'll be near the bottom at the mo ;) )

Graeme had saved loads of old websites offline, he'd basically downloaded complete web pages. But these were old and the information on them was not just outdated but plain wrong and that was some of the info we used, i've captured a lot of it but one of the areas where the concert database is wrong is some of the jumpsuits for certain dates, but its not about just the jumpsuits its about the difference between what B&K named them officially, what fans named them and also alternate fan names. I thought about having all three listed where applicable so I could then code it with options to search via ether name. So it'd be a spreadsheet thing to start with and I thought you'd be a great source for such info
Do you want the actual names and the fans' names or just the actual names for the jumpsuits? I found the list that Leroy Smith (I think that's his name) gave me a very long time ago and I have attached it to this post so, hopefully, you can see it.

(Thanks for already making me feel like I'm wanted here, Alan. That means a lot, buddy)

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:54 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:49 pm

Do you want the actual names and the fans' names or just the actual names for the jumpsuits? I found the list that Leroy Smith (I think that's his name) gave me a very long time ago and I have attached it to this post so, hopefully, you can see it.
Took a quick look at that list.
Wow.
Okay, so what I don't know 100% is what suits were worn at what shows, I know a lot but not all and some of those I do know might be wrong.
I'm after a spredsheet type of thing that would look something like this:

Show # Actual jumpsuit name Fan named suit if applicable Fan alt named suit if applicable
#1 Enter actual name Fan named if appl Alt fan named if appl
#2 Enter actual name Fan named if appl Alt fan named if appl
#3 Enter actual name Fan named if appl etc
#4 etc etc etc

If unknown just enter "Unknown". I dont want anyone to really start such a task from scratch, I was hoping theres a sheet that's kept up to date by someone like yourself who has a personal interest in what is a comprehensive entity in its own right.But dont worry if you haven't, I just recalled you having a good knowledge of the subject.

Tony Trout wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:49 pm

(Thanks for already making me feel like I'm wanted here, Alan. That means a lot, buddy)
You're very welcome here. We have some members comitted to the cause and without them this site wouldn't be a fraction of what it is.
It's a pre built structure and its a "help fill it in" as and when anyone wants to.
We are an open book and we dont always get things in the right date but someone will work it out and we just move it to the right date so dont panic if something goes a bit adrift its aways fixable.
Warning - it can get a bit adictable :D

Return to “Not Elvis? Really?”