Gets harder to be motivated....

Well if you really have found another subject you wanna talk about...
Alan
Site Admin

Gets harder to be motivated....

Post by Alan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am

I like this site. No, I really do.
I went through a phase of thinking it was just too much.
I forget how much is already here, I'm too often thinking about what isn't here yet.
But overall I enjoy it, that's the main thing.
I "blame" Graeme, I always will lol

But I'd put behind me the hassle I got and was getting on the Phoenix site.
Someone said to me that Francis was a bit jealous of what this sites concert database was.
I dont see how, its not as good as his but its a twist on it and I've tried to be different.
You can't change the facts surrounding Elvis directly - so there's always those similarities.

The other year I joined the FECC. I had been forewarned lol.
Didnt go there too often but have done of late as I was able to ask and get some good info i needed.
Now I've had it all again from an "fecc-mechanic".

Why? (Rhetorical). What on earth have I done? Why did Graeme get such a bad name, and am I getting the same through association?
Graeme got the blame for being someone else on Phoenix (after he'd died!), now I'm getting the blame for being Graeme on FECC!
Neat trick. I'd even have to change the colour of my skin!

Maybe I'm ignorant. Did Graeme do something bad? I hadn't considered this before. This was his site so maybe I'm having to pay the price.

Sorry to rant, it's where I came in with the "Gets harder to be motivated" bit.

Its poles apart. I get dragged down to that sort of shit and yet I find it so uplifting when others take the time to post and help to build this site.
I don't want to lose that positive focus.
So whilst I'm pissed off with some elsewhere I'm conscious enough to say a big "THANK YOU" to those that make me smile and who help build this site.

THANK YOU.
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

ColinB

Re: Gets harder to be motivated....

Post by ColinB » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:52 pm

You're doing a fine job, Alan !

You can safely ignore anything negative from FECC !

I'm sure you realise that Graeme's internet 'persona' came across as a somewhat prickly, flaky, awkward type.

I got on well with him, but some didn't !

There were rumours that Graeme & you were one & the same, have to admit that even I suspected that at one stage !

Can you tell us a bit more about the 'changing of your skin colour' ?

It has me puzzled !

Colin
"I don't sound like nobody !" - Elvis 1953

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:42 pm

ColinB wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:52 pm
You're doing a fine job, Alan !

You can safely ignore anything negative from FECC !

I'm sure you realise that Graeme's internet 'persona' came across as a somewhat prickly, flaky, awkward type.

I got on well with him, but some didn't !

There were rumours that Graeme & you were one & the same, have to admit that even I suspected that at one stage !

Can you tell us a bit more about the 'changing of your skin colour' ?

It has me puzzled !

Colin
I'm being really honest here Colin, I never knew Graeme's internet persona was like that. I'm not denying it was, just that I never noticed or realised.
But, I didn't have that on line rapport (or lack of) with him, we were real life one to one.
I think when you read someones body language and their facial expression you can get a complete 180 on what they say and how they are saying it comapred to on line only.
The changing my skin colour, well having not met him you might not have realised, no reason why you should, but Graeme was of mixed race parents, or to put it in a different politically correct way I'm the weird one who is white (The "weird one" was a an in-joke with me and Graeme). I was also over 15 years older than he was.

I never went back to Phoenix. I just didn't know what I'd done - so I couldn't undo it!
fecc- just weird. It wasn't Graeme - on there as of yesterday it was a steve_m (I now realise this is the same "steve" that did all the webpages we were trying to reproduce) but I never met him on line or had anything to do with him, never found him despite trying to track him down a while back. But from what I can gather he must have set up a Colonel Parker Appreciation Society or something just as offensive and become persona non grata. But now I'm him according to fecc-mechanic! Go figure. I think there's a cross over between fecc and Phoenix, or multiple cross overs and some people are losing track of who they are deciding I am / was / should be / could be and ditto with Graeme. It can't be Francis saying we stole his work (then he said Steve did it for him - so how was it Francis' work? He claimed I'd made the same spelling mistakes as he did - doesn't he mean same as steve_m did if he made the site for Francis, I really do get lost keeping track of all this) because there was this "atmosphere" prior to that, just odd comments from members, nothing blatant, but obviously John had it in for me (did he have it in for Graeme??? I never noticed, but I didnt really look) and so it was just awkward a bit arms length and... well, not unfriendly directly, but itwas like it was an unspoken thing to not accept me.
What hurts is Graeme loved the place, that's why I was surprised to hear you say he was prickly / flaky (dunno what that is lol) and he couldn't recommend it enough to me. So it hurts that I got the opposite reaction to what he thought and expected me to get.

It's a shame, a real shame. Graeme suffered a lot. Why would I pretend to be him / why would he pretend to be me? I don't understand, what was the incentive / reason / agenda that was fuelling the thought behind it? I dont see what anyone could gain from it or what those accusing think I've supposedly gained.

I'm happy here doing what's being done, partly from a sense of slowly achieving Graemes vision, but I'm doing it more now from my own point of achieving my own vision. I'm learning a lot and re-learning a lot about Elvis which is a great thing. I'm retiired now and so have a little more time to spend on it.

To sum up, however many Elvis fans there are - I'm now half of them! :D Shit! Am I you as well, just talking to myself on here? :D

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi Alan -

Thanks for all the info !

Perhaps the best way to describe Graeme on the internet would be:

"Doesn't suffer fools gladly"

And we had our share of them on Phoenix !

Colin

silverwings

Post by silverwings » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Cheer up mate!
iveseenElvis.jpg

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 pm

In my post of 5:35 pm today [on here] I used the phrase "Doesn't suffer fools gladly" to describe Graeme.

On FECC in a post from 9:26 pm today, the 'fecc-mechanic' used the same expression for Graeme !

Odd !

Private Presley

Post by Private Presley » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:48 am

ColinB wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 pm
In my post of 5:35 pm today [on here] I used the phrase "Doesn't suffer fools gladly" to describe Graeme.

On FECC in a post from 9:26 pm today, the 'fecc-mechanic' used the same expression for Graeme !

Odd !
What thread?

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:11 am

Private Presley wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:48 am
ColinB wrote:

Odd !
What thread?
fecc-mechanic used it to describe Graeme??
He didn't even know Graeme had been a member on there until I said on there yesterday.
Graeme was a member called G-Hubb. I dont think he was there very much.
Graeme told me I wouldn't like it on that site. :D
Well I've not been on there since I left my last thoughts about things yesterday.
Like Phoenix I dont have a problem never going back there.
I've plenty to do on here :!:

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:40 am

Private Presley wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:48 am
ColinB wrote:

Odd !
What thread?
On here - this thread [it's actually 5:11].

On FECC it's the thread: August 16th 1977 . Something still puzzles me still 41 years [sic] by elviscollector101.
FECC Post from fecc-mechanic.JPG

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:47 am

Oh my goodness me.
Whatever next?
"Blow a gasket" ???
Thought I'd remained quite calm and just said my thoughts.
Well, there you have it.
Not much more to add.
Who is, "fecc-mechanic" ??

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:47 am
...Who is, "fecc-mechanic" ??
The 'tech' guy from FECC.

Also known as: Jordan.

On Phoenix he is known as: PTFE-Nest-Janitor & is the 'tech' guy there, too.

He certainly knows his stuff regarding internet forums !

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:11 pm

ColinB wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:46 pm
Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:47 am
...Who is, "fecc-mechanic" ??
The 'tech' guy from FECC.

Also known as: Jordan.

On Phoenix he is known as: PTFE-Nest-Janitor & is the 'tech' guy there, too.

Well he doesn't know the people very well who use the forums.
Yet he seemed to know Graeme enough to give him a character summation when he wouldn't have had the foggiest who Graeme was on fecc.
He himself seems to like to be under multiple names by what you say.
Maybe he doesn't like it when people are just single named people in their own right.
He tries to mash names together so that he wont feel so alone in his own multiple named world.

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:42 pm

ColinB wrote:
Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Yet he seemed to know Graeme enough to give him a character summation when he wouldn't have had the foggiest who Graeme was on fecc...
As I suggested before, he may have picked up the phrase from reading my post, which was earlier than his.

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:33 pm

ColinB wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:42 pm
ColinB wrote:
Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Yet he seemed to know Graeme enough to give him a character summation when he wouldn't have had the foggiest who Graeme was on fecc...
As I suggested before, he may have picked up the phrase from reading my post, which was earlier than his.
I know, that was my point.
He didnt know Graeme at all, he only picked up on your words.
He doesn't know people at all was my point.

Well, okay, I bit the bullet.
I 've just responded to his post on FECC.
Hadnt read it till today. I think his "evidence" is only what he's read or been told by someone at Phoenix. (I'm ruling you out Colin :D )
He said I'm a non-fan - where on earth did that come from?
I've never said that, obviously. So someones said it somewhere, you don't come out with that in confidence without having seen it somewhere.
That bit as well I wrote about me being the wierd-white one - he quoted that as well but got it wrong.
He thought Graeme was claiming he was the wierd-white one when it was me.
As for all the other stuff he wrote, well I've no idea.
Cant say either way whether its all bull or all true, but his openers about me were completely wrong, so pinch of salt to the rest of it for now.

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:07 am

I think things are now straightened out in Private Messages between myself and the fecc-mechanic.

I was a bit annoyed to start with I have to admit.
But I felt sorry for him, well sorry is the wrong word, I felt sad for him.
I'm not going to elaborate publicly on details.

But at least I feel I dont have this cloud hanging over me, not that I should give a shit, but somehow when you work hard at something and when others work hard to help as well it can be overshadowed by something thats got nothing to do with what we're actually doing or with me at all.
It's that "Association" thing.
When things get repeated and repeated you can end up accepting it as the truth.

What I never knew until this morning is that fecc-mechanic had actually seen this guy Steve.
I'd written a scenario - or rather a list of scenarios that when we step back and assess could all have ben feasible - until he tells me he'd seen him lol. Well that blew my list out of the park!

I'm slightly intrigued, a little hooked on the back story he told me (he tells a good story), but I'm also wanting to stay focused on other things and I can't really help any further. I knew Graeme, knew him very well from about 2014. I didnt know him well before, so that was open to doubt, I addressed points that would potentially concern me with fecc-mechanic, but now my mind has been put at rest.

When it was all whittled down to fact there is one issue. At one point and in one instance (I stand to be corrected if it was more than one) but there was an instance where an IP address used by Graeme was also the same as one used by this Steve.
What I don't know is what the duration was between the two instances.

I was blocked access to this site the other week. "What!??" I said. Had to contact the host and ask what was going on. They said the IP address my ISP had assigned to me had attempted flaudulent activity on the server as a whole in June of this year so they blocked that IP address.
Then 5 months later that IP address is assigned to me and so I was automatically blocked. They unblocked it again obviously. But this happens alot they told me. Why do ISPs do that? Why can't we all have a fixed IP address for life - it'd save a lot of trouble?

So it could be a freaky coincidence that Graeme got assigned this particular IP address on one occassion - or its not and the reason remains unknown.
It could be that Graeme who used Barclays Bank wi-fi was using an IP address Barclays had used before at another branch 100s of miles away or the next branch down the road - or anywhere. But it is something for which I do not have or know an answer.

But it's things like that, one small thing that gets turned into a mountain and swallows up other people and their time. People can start looking for things, ignoring the things that don't fit and just focusing on things that might.

It's human nature, we all want to believe that what we believe is right and so we only see and focus on the things that support that.

Return to “Not Elvis? Really?”