Gets harder to be motivated....

Well if you really have found another subject you wanna talk about...
Samain

Re: Gets harder to be motivated....

Post by Samain » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:48 am

FECC (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't be suspending accounts based on IP addresses, when ISP's are randomly allocating IP addresses. My first attempt at registering on FECC consisted of 1) I registered, 2) I was okayed by FECC, but 3) when I attempted to login for the first time, I was told my account had been suspended as I was the same user as... then they named three members who I assume had been banned. Annoyingly, my subsequent emails to FECC were ignored, so they wouldn't even admit that they might be wrong.

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:18 am

Samain wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:48 am
FECC (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't be suspending accounts based on IP addresses, when ISP's are randomly allocating IP addresses. My first attempt at registering on FECC consisted of 1) I registered, 2) I was okayed by FECC, but 3) when I attempted to login for the first time, I was told my account had been suspended as I was the same user as... then they named three members who I assume had been banned. Annoyingly, my subsequent emails to FECC were ignored, so they wouldn't even admit that they might be wrong.
Yes, they are putting too much faith into the belief that IP addresses are a black and white scenaro when it comes to identfying a person.
It's a bit like Hollywood films where the phone number is always 555-xxxx. I'm sure there's more than 10,000 people in the U.S.
Same with IP addresses, they have to "band" together multiple people under the same number sometimes as there's not enough to go round.

The IP address system for assigning them needs overhauling.
When IP addresses were originally set up at the birth of the internet perhaps they thought there might be as many as ten thousand people using it one day :D

It would be handy if we could all have our own unique number for life, or even forever so it doesnt get re-used even, or not for a decade or so.
There's 7 billion people in the world, base it on 100 billion numbers needed and we'll be okay for a century or two.
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Alan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:18 am
...It would be handy if we could all have our own unique number for life, or even forever so it doesnt get re-used even, or not for a decade or so.
There's 7 billion people in the world, base it on 100 billion numbers needed and we'll be okay for a century or two.
Yes, seems sensible !

In my case, 'a century or two' will be more than adequate...
"I don't sound like nobody !" - Elvis 1953

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:39 pm

ColinB wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 pm
Alan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:18 am
...It would be handy if we could all have our own unique number for life, or even forever so it doesnt get re-used even, or not for a decade or so.
Yes, seems sensible !

In my case, 'a century or two' will be more than adequate...
Knowing our luck - you're immortal. So far it's proven to be true. :lol:
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

Return to “Not Elvis? Really?”