August 7th 1970 rehearsal problem(s)

It's stuff about our main man
Alan
Site Admin

August 7th 1970 rehearsal problem(s)

Post by Alan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 pm

I have spent an embarassing amount of time trying to figure the footage out from scratch.
It's the last piece of the jigsaw for me to finish the rehearsals section and sign that one off.
But it's been months with the intensity getting worse these past few weeks.
I've been stuck on Mary In The Morning.
I think it didn't help to me to try and reference the footage for what others had done.
I'd go as far as saying rename the Complete Works a Complete Mess.
Add to the confusion there's three takes / try outs of this one song.
Worse still, I tried to take if from the back end and work towards MITM that way and see what I was left with.
Patch It Up was littered by others with "in-fills" of the Memphis Mafia where other footage didnt exist.
Got rid of those only to find..... Elvis had two throws of water at the MM, one in MITM and the other in PIU.
Sorted the differences out, Felton Jarvis sitting on the edge of the stage for PIU and Richard Davis sitting down orchestrating their bad behaviour in MITM.
But here's where I've been climbing the wall, there's 2 cameras used for filming, only two. Referenced by MGM at the time as Camera A and Camera B.
But I can't find a space where it comes together for MITM where there's sometimes not 3 sets of film seemingly being made at the same time. So I know this is wrong due to only 2 cameras.
Others have gotten around this by just not using the "third" one, but that just means whatever they have done is wrong or they are prepared to have footage missing.
I'm pleased with most of the rest as I consider it improved in finish as well as being more accurate than we've seen before. I have always wanted to do that on this site, to be different and to look at a lot of things from a fresh approach and to sometimes do this from stripping things back and having a fresh outlook to make it better than we've known before.
But MITM is doing my head in. Any ideas? Am I too absorbed by it? Am I missing the obvious?
What can I trust to view that is likely to have it right?
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

ColinB

Re: August 7th 1970 rehearsal problem(s)

Post by ColinB » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:35 am

Take a break from it, do something else & then come back to it refreshed...
"I don't sound like nobody !" - Elvis 1953

Alan
Site Admin

Re: August 7th 1970 rehearsal problem(s)

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:21 am

ColinB wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:35 am
Take a break from it, do something else & then come back to it refreshed...
I tried that the other week. Found out I had to spend too long recapping stuff.

I think the answer might lie in the audio track being editted with 4 / 5 seconds of nothing to hear going on being chopped out.

I'll make today the last day, make or break. ;)
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

Return to “Elvis - We're talking the King”