More TTWII footage

It's stuff about our main man
Alan
Site Admin

More TTWII footage

Post by Alan » Thu May 06, 2021 9:48 am

So we have another piece of footage from the MGM cameras uploaded over the internet.

It's Elvis from August 15th in the Fringe suit, quite a nice selection of footage and also includes the ladies throwing themselves around Elvis on stage which was in This Is Elvis (?) but not in Complete Works (?).

I'd already uploaded 8mm footage from the show up for the Midnight Show of the 15th with Elvis wearing the Fringe suit.
So here was more of the same show with what looks like duplicates from different angles, so I thought I'd update the footage and do a split screen thing.

It doesn't synch.
Oh it's close as Elvis does similar moves during similar songs, but there's little glances of the head in one that aren't in the other.
The most ad lib part of the show is the kissing the ladies during Love Me Tender - can't really see any similarities, sure Elvis gets down to kiss them at stage front, but stays there for longer or for less time etc and goes where the biggest request for him is.

Some clips have it listed as the 15th Dinner Show, but that would mean Elvis wore the same suit and same belt for both shows along with the backing singers wearing the same outfits - it doesn't add up, what am I doing wrong???

I Got A Woman - look at the 50 seconds mark - Elvis glances to his right in the MGM footage, but never does this at all in the 8mm footage.

phpBB [media]
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

Return to “Elvis - We're talking the King”