Some updates

It's stuff about our main man
Alan
Site Admin

Some updates

Post by Alan » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 am

So....
Trying out a bespoke video player, it's a click and drag and also has a pic-in-pic where you can scroll a page leaving it playing on top, bit like FaceBook does.

I've popped a couple of video clips in on July 31st 1969 to test it (dont get too excited, its just the Hanry Mancini and Shirley Bassey arrivals), just click on the video icon on the right hand side of the concert details (scroll down the page a bit.)

Also, done the same for some audio as well, see Aug 19th 1970, DS for a couple of songs just so you can see how it operates.
Not all browsers support all audio file types, so one big headache. mp3 isn't supported by.... can't remember, might be Firefox, IE doesn't like something either, so done two sorts, mp3 and wav, coded it so that your browser checks to see what one you're using then displays the button(s) if your browser supports those file types, Chrome supports both so you'll see two buttons on Chrome, but hey.. whatever works for ya...

Using the same kind of principal, I've resized on an individual release basis, the pop up panel that lists the respective relevant tracks on any release listed for a concert, just click any of the release titles....

Please, let me know if somethings not working as you think or expect it to.
My range of repair tools consist of:- Hammer, qty: 1.

Al.
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

ColinB

Re: Some updates

Post by ColinB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:04 am

All seems to be working OK !

Someone has put a lot of work into all this !

Thanks !
"I don't sound like nobody !" - Elvis 1953

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:19 am

Hey, The RR, you're welcome, glad it's working.

(It's not all working, I keep finding odd things lol - but I'll bet i always will.)

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 am

Tables

Along the top of you posting text area you have a range of buttons.
I've put a [table} button there, a [TR} and a [td} - wish they were together, but I can't figure that one out.
What they come in handy for is laying out photos in a post (as well as other things)
But you must use them correctly otherwise it just screws the page up completely.

So the format is as follows:
hit the table button and you get [table}[/table}
inside of this tag you need to put your rows and your cells.

The number of td cells must be the same for each row - or finish this table and start another table.
If you have 5 photos you can hae 2 rows of three td cells and leave a [td][/td] empty with nothing in between.
sounds complicated, but heres some code

Code: Select all

[table] (start of your table)
[tr] (start of your row)
[td]image1[/td][td]image2[/td][td]image3[/td] ( 3 td cells on this row, so must be for any more rows in the same table)
[/tr] (end of this row)
[tr] (a new row)
[td]image4[/td][td][/td][td]image5[/td] (still 3 td cells on this row, but Ive left the middle one empty)
[/tr] (end of this row)
[/table] (end of this table)
so you know when you upload some attachment photos and you have the option to add in line, just place your cursor inbtween the [td}[/td} tag and click add in line for that attachment and it'll place it there for you.

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 am

Seeing as it's that easy, I'll use it all the time...

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 am

Alan wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 am

...I've popped a couple of video clips in on July 31st 1969 to test it (dont get too excited, its just the Hanry Mancini and Shirley Bassey arrivals), just click on the video icon on the right hand side of the concert details (scroll down the page a bit.)...
Is this for admin, or can members add videos like that ?

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

The Rocker Returns wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 am
Alan wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 am

...I've popped a couple of video clips in on July 31st 1969 to test it (dont get too excited, its just the Hanry Mancini and Shirley Bassey arrivals), just click on the video icon on the right hand side of the concert details (scroll down the page a bit.)...
Is this for admin, or can members add videos like that ?
At the moment its an admin thing, but I've only just completed this yesterday, its takena while to get right.
My challenge now is to get it into a bbcode button. That's a biggy, but I'm determiined to find a way.
Before I do, can you try something for me?
Try and download the video clip, try and find out its path and see if you could get it onto your computer.
I'm hoping you can't.
If that's the case I'd be able to get others to share things that they wouldn't normally share.
If you can download / get it then I'll leave things as they are (sort of).

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Alan wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am
At the moment its an admin thing, but I've only just completed this yesterday, its takena while to get right.
My challenge now is to get it into a bbcode button. That's a biggy, but I'm determiined to find a way.
Try and download the video clip, try and find out its path and see if you could get it onto your computer.
I'm hoping you can't.
If that's the case I'd be able to get others to share things that they wouldn't normally share.
That's odd !

I can click on the film camera icon & 'bring up' the Mancini clip which plays OK.

But the top is cropped, so I'm missing the "X" to close it !

If I click on the [still visible] icon again, a second version appears, complete this time & can be shut down, leaving the first one still there.

Shirley works OK.

Couldn't see any way to download the video.

Late Entry:

Just tried again & both clips are working OK !

I could 'record' the visual & audio using Total Recorder.

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 pm
Alan wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am
I'm hoping you can't.
That's odd !

I can click on the film camera icon & 'bring up' the Mancini clip which plays OK.

But the top is cropped, so I'm missing the "X" to close it !

If I click on the [still visible] icon again, a second version appears, complete this time & can be shut down, leaving the first one still there.

Shirley works OK.

Couldn't see any way to download the video.

Late Entry:

Just tried again & both clips are working OK !

I could 'record' the visual & audio using Total Recorder.
You can move the panel around - but you need to click in the top of the screen to do it.
The concert info is displayed as an iframe - a seperate website if you will - embedded inside the post. The frame of the post itself is a boundary. If the panel starts to cross it then it starts to disappear "underneath" this main website that you're on.

I'll have to downlad Total Recorder and see how it does it. I' not surrised at the audio, but thought the video might pose a problem.
I think it gets around it by reording what's on your computer as opposed to whats on the web.

I have pondered this today and can't see a way of getting it so everyone can use it. Yet. But where there's a will..

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:38 pm

I just went to post a 'thanks' but can't find the button !

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:38 pm
I just went to post a 'thanks' but can't find the button !
Dont know why its not there.
Its set up to be there.
I might have to uninstall it and re-install it.

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:13 am

I'm not sure how I made the site crash the other day, but it might have been me throwing switches when I wasnt sure what they did trying to turn the thumbs button on.
Anyway, I still have it to fix and imight have another bash in the early hours as the site backs up just after 4am, so if I do it just after that and mess it up the restore to put it right will be up to date.
It may also have been when I was trying to incorparate the video player into a button in the posts....

Which then reminded me that I'd forgotten about something else.
Graeme set up a video uploading site on this domain.
It's seperate to this site so you have to register on it in addition to this board.
I remembered it the other day and had a go with it again. I'd forgotten my admin log in, so joined again as just me. Pretty straightforward.
The great thing is it that after uploading a clip you can then reference it in a post on here using the "media" button.
So it's https://15562days/clip
Top right theres an "Upload" button - click
New page opens with a "Select Video" button - click
Select your clip.
New page opens and it starts to auto upload your video.
You have a choice of fields to fill in, title, date filmed, location etc and catagories to choose from.
Once the video clip has finished uploading scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Submit Now" button
Then a new page opens showing details of your video - right hand side there's an "Actions" drop down menu - click it and select "Watch"
New page / tab opens displaying your video. Underneath theres a green "Download" button.
Click it and a link appears below - DONT left click it, but right click it and select "Copy Link Address".

Paste it in a post on here between the [media}your link adress you copied goes here[/media} tags and voila! The video clip plays in your post.
No need for youtube.

Now, I'm unsure if I can register people on there as I dont know if I get a notification. (I'll try and fix that)
So if you register just drop me a PM on here and let me know and I'll go and activate it in the database.
Edit: I'm in. Spare key under the Elvis gnome. Yep, should all work as per..

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 am

I've added audio to August 3rd 1969 DS.
The Rocker Returns is fast populating the UK release section with covers and labels - fantastic!
Private Presley is adding gems all over the place - Great stuff!

Alan
Site Admin

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:55 am

I spent all day yesterday and a bit of this morning trying to compile some sense into August 1st 1969 press conference.
As far as photos go, well I've probably not even put 10% of them up and trying to sort them into order became impossible.
Entrance photos
There's the "before he fills his glass with water" and "after hes filled his glass" photos.
The run of those where he has his arms folded.
The ones where he has his left foot up on the table.
The ones that could have been taken anywhere....
The meet and greet mingle photos.

Then I tried to just batch them in photographer standpoint order..... then I kind of gave up lol

Then this morning I reached for a book, an old book published around 1980 called "Elvis In his Own Words" compiled by Mick Farren and Pearce Marchbank and I turned to the back where I recall there was something about this press conference and there it was, a chapter titled, "The Last Statement To The Press" - and there was a transcription of what Elvis supposedly said at this press conference. I know we've got the Q & A list, but never the opening statement before he took questions. But there's two very telling moments in the text - it says, twice, "(inaudible)" - which means they were listening to it!! So there must be audio from the press conference, or at least there was at some point.

Anyway, I've referenced the above in the respective date, take it with or without a pinch of salt, but it is a little bit odd.

ColinB

Post by ColinB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:06 am

Alan wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:55 am
I spent all day yesterday and a bit of this morning trying to compile some sense into August 1st 1969 press conference.
As far as photos go, well I've probably not even put 10% of them up and trying to sort them into order became impossible....
It's looking great !

I see you've got the pics to display 'side-by-side'.

When adding pics of the sleeves & labels in the discography section, I try to get them like that but they always display in a single downward line.

Takes up a lot of room & sometimes requires the viewer to 'scroll down' to see them all !

Am I missing something ?

Return to “Elvis - We're talking the King”