24th November 1970, Tuesday

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Graeme
Site Admin

24th November 1970, Tuesday

Post by Graeme » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Day number 13105Site Date Map
Yesterday << 24th November 1970, Tuesday >> Tomorrow

Alan
Site Admin

Re: 24th November 1970, Tuesday

Post by Alan » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:47 am

DONNA LEWIS: It was my day off from work so Daddy and I stopped by the gate to talk to Vester. Vernon said that Elvis is really worried. Elvis flew home early this morning, and he’s here to post $2,000 so Vernon can get a permit to carry a gun. Elvis is afraid that someone is out to kill him. He got a letter that said, “You remember the five in LA? You're next.” He also got a picture of a man with an x over his heart. Elvis is scared to death, but he said it wouldn’t do any good to stay in. He felt that whoever intends to do it, male or female, could take just one glimpse of him and shoot him right on target.

There are FBI men around Elvis continually, and Elvis makes plans and only one guy at a time knows what he’s going to do. Just like when he flew home this morning. They were all out in LA and Elvis told Sonny to go and get three tickets for Memphis. Not even Priscilla knew Elvis was flying home. Elvis told Charlie thirty minutes before the flight: “Pack your bags. We're going to Memphis.” Goodness! If all of this is true, no wonder Elvis is acting a little strange and distancing himself from everyone. God, please watch over him and keep him safe.

When Elvis was performing at the Forum, he introduced Vernon to the audience. As the audience was applauding, Elvis said to Vernon: “Daddy, Ah feel this is it. If you hear a gun-shot, just run. Ah know this is it.” Vester went on to tell us that Elvis is really concerned about this situation, and that he is even carrying a gun in plain-sight — he’s even carrying a gun in the house! Elvis was supposed to have said: “One thing about it — if he'd ever kill me, mah fans wouldn’t let him get away. But then, that wouldn’t help me.” Just thinking that someone out there could really want to do him harm... I hope this isn’t as bad as Vester led us to believe. But I believe him. It would explain a lot of Elvis’ recent behaviour.
15562days.com - Build it and they will come...

Return to “November 1970”